Stephan’s specialty is Ironman distance racing. In addition, he has also competed and become accomplished as a competitive age-group athlete in shorter races.
- 30+ years plus of triathlon experience
- 200+ triathlon races
- 60 full Ironman races all over the world including Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, and Africa. Over half of these Stephan finished in the Top 5 of his age group.
- 12 Ironman World Championships finishes in Kona since 1990, with two age group podium finishes in 2005 and 2007.
- Ironman PR of 9:02 in Kona in 2005.
- Won over 10 regional triathlons in Central Texas in Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons.
- USAT National Champion Long Course Duathlon (2006) and Spring Triathlon (2005)
- Over 20 Marathon finishes nd one ultra-marathon with a marathon PR of 2:42
- Coach and team captain for the university triathlon team in Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Coaching of individual athletes focusing on marathon and long-distance triathlon and Ironman distances.
- Assistant coach with an Austin triathlon training program.